"What you do is what matters, not what you think or say or plan." — Jason Fried
Obsessed With Jason Fried
Jason has written a couple books and his company makes Project Management and Productivity Tools.
Do You Have A Small Business Mindset?
As I talk about in the #real estate training video, #Jason Fried caught my attention when he said his company builds products for the #small business. A small #business will #invest. A small business doesn't like free.
Free lacks support and security.
"I believe you, the #real estate agent, can determine your own destiny because you have a choice to either: 1. Practice real estate as a job 2. Run your #real estate practice as a business" - Gary Keller #Millionaire Real Estate Agent
A small business wants to know that the product and service they are using is going to be around and have service and support when they need it.
I get it!
I've bootstrapped too and still do in many cases of my business. I run very lean, but I also invest in my business, myself and my clients.
- I have invested in hard products like my MacBook and FlipCam.
- I have invested in personal and business development by purchasing products and 1 to 1 consulting. I belong to a Coaching University, that I pay a monthly subscription for.
- I have invested in software like ScreenFlow, Dictate and Scribe.
- I pay for a product to help me optimize my online presence called ScribeSEO.
- I pay for my CRM, ContactMe, plus I use the paid version of MailChimp.
- I pay Amazon to host all my videos.
- I pay a monthly fee to ZumoDrive to keep all my content backed up on the cloud.
I'm committed to my business. I know I have to invest in it because after all....