Is your business like Kim Kardashian's marriage?
Even if you don't follow gossip or tabloids, or don't watch news it's hard to not hear about #Kim Kardashian's #marriage to NBA basketball player somename or the other, (I don't follow gossip or watch the news. Sorry I don't know his name) only lasted 72 days.
Only 72 days! That's sad. :(
If I had to guess at why this marriage didn't work, I would say they were probably more in love with the idea of being married to each other, than actually in love with other.
And its not unlike many strategies and plans I see real estate agents do.
- You start something….and 72 days later, it's over.
- You start a Facebook page…72 days later, is it still being updated?
- You launch a blog…72 days later, are you still creating content?
- You start doing video...72 days later, are you still doing video?
If I had to guess why this it, I would say you are more in love with the idea; than you are with the implementing and seeing it connected and succeeding with an overall strategy.
Here is the take away advice from today,
- Don't marry a reality star you are not really in love with.
- Don't marry an NBA player you are not really in love with.
- Don't fall in love with ideas or tactics.
Develop a strategy that you love and then find ideas and tactics that be connected and aligned that stategy.